When placing untreated wood outside it will patinate over time and become silver-grey in the end. If you wish to preserve or intensify the original dark/golden/honey brown colour, use Skagerak’s natural oil for outdoor furniture. The oil is designed to protect and strengthen wood types such as teak, western red cedar, cherry, and mahogany. As the natural oil saturates and darkens the surface a little, it brings out the natural beauty of the wood and leaves it well-nourished, resistant to water, dirt and grease.
W15.5 x H17 x D23 cm
1. Clean the surface well before starting the oil treatment. Make sure to leave the wood to dry for at least 24 hours after cleaning. Avoid direct sunlight and high temperatures. It should be no colder than 13°C though.
2. Sand down any rough wooden fibers with sandpaper before applying the oil.
3. Stir the oil before and while using it.
4. Apply an even layer of oil with a brush or a lint-free cotton cloth.
5. Wipe off any excess oil with clean cotton cloths after no more than 20 minutes.
6. If the surface does not appear saturated with oil, repeat step 4 and 5 a couple of times.
7. It normally takes 48 hours for the oil to harden. The wood should not be exposed to water in this period.
8. We recommend to repeat this process 1-2 times a year. Remember to always clean the surface before using.
Join our mailing list for all the latest news & offers
Free UK & Ireland shipping on all orders over £600
packaged with love and carefully delivered