I’m feeling so grateful right now, to have a roof over my head, a warm bed to sleep in and plenty of food to eat. I’ve always seen my home as my sanctuary but never more so than now. A lovely customer and friend sent me an email yesterday saying, “if there is an upside to this, when its all over, it's surely that people are appreciating the power of "home" and understanding how much the little things can make a difference.”
And he’s so right. It really is the little things that can make the difference.
Here are some little things I’ve been enjoying at home whilst on this ‘lockdown’.
1. Drinking my morning coffee from a beautiful cup. I feel like I’m starting the day right and with intention.
2. Lighting a candle when I sit down to work at my temporary home workstation. Sort of like switching on the office lights and creating a calm space to try and work in.
3. Taking the time to run a bath to try and relax away the worries and anxiety.
4. Washing my hands in soap that smells amazing; turning a health necessity into a 20 second meditation.
5. Taking the time to tend to my plants. Coffee x Cactus are doing some short films on their new IGTV channel with lots of tips on how to best look after your plants so be sure to follow them.
Take care and stay safe, Patricia and the Maven team. x